[QGIS-Developer] [EXTERNAL] Re: Outdated WebKit engine version in QGIS

Nguyen, Huy Minh huyminh.nguyen at here.com
Thu May 4 13:38:48 PDT 2023

Thanks for the infos.

After some trial and error, I am able to use QtWebEngine as Qt QML component in python in QGIS 3.26.3 and QGIS 3.30.1 out-of-the-box. Example from Qt docs works as expected https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtwebengine-webengineview.html

This approach doesn't work on macOS however. It shows QML errors module "QtWebEngine" is not installed, module "QtQuick.Window" is not installed . I think that this is due to lack of certain library in the QGIS bundle in macOS, similar to https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Mac-Packager/issues/122. If this could be addressed for macOS, I think that using QtWebEngine as QML component in QGIS could be a notable alternative.

Regards,
Minh