[QGIS-Developer] PyQGIS read project from postgresql database

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:22:34 PDT 2023

Hi,

I am trying to read a project that is stored in a postgreSQL/PostGIS
database, but I am struggling with getting it correctly. I am using the
following code

project = QgsProject.instance()
uri = 'postgresql://my_user:my_pass@localhost
:5432?sslmode=disable&dbname=my_database&schema=my_schema&project=my_project_name'
project.read(uri)

The last command always return false, and no project is loaded

The documentation of QgsProject.read() only mentions filenames, not uri,
but this answer seems to propose this uri format that would work:

https://gis.stackexchange.com/a/354615/6191

Any suggestions on how to solve or debug this? I get no error messages from
the read method.

Thanks,

Aleandre Neto