[QGIS-Developer] Non-cartesian buffering

Alexis R.L. alroyliz0 at gmail.com
Wed May 24 17:25:31 PDT 2023

Greetings,

I was looking into buffers and noticed that arc could do geoid buffering
but it's not something qgis could do yet.

Now I'm going to assume that such a thing would usually need to be
implemented in geos and in one of the ticket asking about this, another
repository was pointed to ( https://github.com/libgeos/geos/issues/820).

That repository being https://github.com/google/s2geometry now I don't know
how important generating things based on non-cartesian distance is and if
such tools are to be made if they should be made in QGIS instead of relying
on external libs.

As more and more global and 3D things are added,I assume that those will be
more important.

Thanks,

Alex