[QGIS-Developer] How to speed up rendering

afernandez afernandez at odyhpc.com
Fri May 26 14:00:25 PDT 2023

Hello,
One of my project would greatly benefit from a much faster rendering. After
some testing, the bulk (>99%) of the time is spent at rendering the layer
with QgsRasterLayer(...,...). What I have also noticed is that rendering
time does not change with the number of cores, which suggests that the
renderer might be using a single thread. I checked the API documentation
but couldn't find anything about multithreading or some other procedure to
accelerate rendering. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion or has
faced a similar difficulty.
Thanks.
(Note: The data provider is 'gdal' and I'm using QGIS-3.30)