[QGIS-Developer] Next QGIS LTR and its compatibility with older versions

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 2 07:07:39 PDT 2023

Hi Raffael,

3.34 will be the next LTR, but not yet in October 2023, but only
starting from end of February 2024. In the table
https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release-schedule
you can check the third column labeled "Long-Term Repo" to see at what
time frame which version is LTR.

About your second question: don't nail me down on this but all 3.x
versions should open with the newest 3.x version - it should be even
possible to open version 2 files with the latest 3.x version.

Greetings,

Andreas