[QGIS-Developer] QGIS repository management

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 13:04:38 PDT 2023

> A small group of us (3-4 developers including me) have admin access to
> all QGIS repositories and we can bypass any check and merge all PRs
> without approval.

I have this power too -- and I use it on a daily basis to keep the whole CI
setup flowing (ie restarting workflows in other's PRs, merging approved PRs
when an unrelated workflow failure has blocked a merge, etc).

I'd like to point out that it's only used to keep the project humming along
for EVERYONE's benefit -- it's not a conspiracy to create a set of "super
committers" with extra power 😂 .

Nyall

https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-October/022715.html