[QGIS-Developer] Using debugvs in QGIS 3.34.4

Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV Luke.A.Catania at erdc.dren.mil
Wed Apr 3 13:47:58 PDT 2024

I recently installed QGIS 3.34.4, but when I run the debugger I received the error below.

DebugVS: Need install ptvsd: pip3 install ptvsd

I checked using pip list and see I have installed ptvsd 4.3.2 installed.

I checked the DebugVS plugin install and noted it stated:

For use, run this plugin and enable the Debug (Python:Attach) in Visual Studio.
Need install the debugpy's module(pip3 install debugpy).

I installed debugpy and now when I run Enable Debug for Visual Studio, it launches a completely new instance of QGIS and then the first instance of QGIS gives the error:

RuntimeError: timed out waiting for adapter to connect

In 3.16.16, I just ran the debugger in QGIS and hit F5 in VS Code and things just worked.