[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-user] Announce - migrate our mailing lists to Discourse

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Apr 3 17:29:18 PDT 2024

Hi Greg,

On Wed, 03. Apr 2024 at 18:23:47 -0400, Greg Troxel via QGIS-User wrote:
> People like me tend not to be happy about things turning into forums and are
> likely to participate less.  As an example, openstreetmap moved from
> mailinglists to forums and I have not, so I interract far far less and spend
> more time on other things.  I am probably somewhat unusual (started doing
> email in the 70s), and here probably only strk thinks I"m normal :-)

Just for the record: I also don't like the move, I also feel the same pain and
I also think you're normal.

To make it worse the advertised discourse mailing list option apparently
doesn't work well - at least for "normal" people (see
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3073).

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31