[QGIS-Developer] Request for Commit Privileges to QGIS

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 02:59:21 PDT 2024

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024, 7:40 pm Joona Laine via QGIS-Developer, <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear QGIS developers!
>
> Hope you're all doing well!. My name is Joona Laine, and I've been making
> many contributions to the QGIS project under the GitHub username
> "Joonalai." during the past few years. I am also the author and main
> contributor of the projects pytest-qgis and flake8-qgis.
>
> Having read through the "Requirements for new contributors" requirements
> and agreeing to them all, I'm writing to formally request commit privileges
> to the QGIS repository. I believe these privileges would enable me to
> contribute more effectively to the project's ongoing development.
>
> I'm committed to upholding the project's standards and guidelines, and I'm
> eager to take on a more active role in advancing the QGIS project. I'm
> prepared to fulfill any additional requirements or steps necessary to
> facilitate this process.
>
> Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your response and
> the opportunity to continue contributing to the QGIS community.

Hi Joona!

First off, thank you for your contributions to QGIS! They are certainly
valued and highly appreciated.

Can you explain a little more about why you desire commit rights to the
QGIS repo, and why this can't be met via pull requests?

Unfortunately, in the light of the recent xz hacking mess, I think the QGIS
project needs to be **extremely** cautious about granting additional rights
to **anyone** for the repositories, and treat this as an extreme measure
only done when absolutely necessary. It's the sad reality of the world we
currently live in. ☹️

Nyall

Best regards,