[QGIS-Developer] question

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Fri Apr 12 02:58:06 PDT 2024

Hi,

afaik the 3D Python API is not fully finalized yet. But you can already
control some aspects of it from Python, mostly the views themselves.
This was added recently, see https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/55862

Have fun!
Hannes

On 12.04.24 11:30, Abdelghani Tamort via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to post a message (which contains an inquiry) to the qgis
> developer list.
> The message is the following:
>
> Is there a solid documentation/tutorials on handling 3D on QGIS's
> python API ? Currently working on a QGIS plugin that exports data in
> 3D format and trying to make use of the 3D views in QGIS to visualize
> the outputs. I am aware of the Qgis2threejs plugin
> (https://github.com/minorua/Qgis2threejs) but I am more interested in
> working with the native 3D handling of QGIS.
>

> Thanks in advance
>

> Abdelghani TAMORT

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH