[QGIS-Developer] Build problems using install instructions

Tony Bazeley tonyb at tonyb.id.au
Tue Apr 30 06:14:44 PDT 2024

Thanks Julien and Richard

I gave it another shot on the weekend with a clean build which was successful.

But I'm now thinking I'd be better suited to using the latest stable version, 3_36 in this
case.

My interpretation of the instructions,

git commit
git worktree add ../my_new_functionality
cd ../my_new_functionality
git fetch qgis/master
git rebase -i qgis/master
# only keep the commits to be pushed
git push -u my_own_repo my_new_functionality
is:

git commit
git worktree add ../release-3_36
cd ../release-3_36
git fetch qgis/master
git rebase -i qgis/master
# only keep the commits to be pushed
git push -u QGIS release-3_36

which failed with:

git fetch qgis/master
fatal: 'qgis/master' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.

git fetch QGIS/master yields the same result

My build tree is listed below

Regards
Tony

tree -L 3 -ad