[QGIS-Developer] QGIS plugin depends on pypi package

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Feb 8 16:02:47 PST 2024

Le 09/02/2024 à 00:45, John Lindsay via QGIS-Developer a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I believe that I've solved my earlier issue with my QGIS plugin, which
> previously relied on a pip package. In order to avoid this dependency,
> I decided to include the Whitebox Workflows wheel in with my plugin.
> Unfortunately, however, this has increased the size of my plugin
> fairly substantially. The issue is that I need to included a wheel for
> each of the four supported operating systems and each are about 10MB.
> My plugin zip file is now a little less than 40MB. When I try to
> upload the new version to the QGIS plugin repo it is telling me that
> the file is too large. Does anyone know what the maximum size of a
> plugin zip file is? Thanks.

Presumably 25 MB if I trust
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/blob/master/qgis-app/plugins/validator.py#L20
.

(But in theory, my interpretation of https://plugins.qgis.org/publish/
"Don't include binaries" requirement is that you wouldn't be allowed to
include binary wheels.. There seems however to be a discrepancy between
that requirement and the actual practice since other plugins do that.)

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com