[QGIS-Developer] Backporting qt6 sip bindings to 3.34?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 15:07:04 PST 2024

Hey list,

What does everyone think about us backporting the python/PyQt6/ directory
from master to the 3.34 branch? I'm thinking we could do this as
"orphan"/unused files, with the intention that it would make backporting to
this branch easier. Obviously it introduces a bunch of "noise" in the repo
for this branch.

Right now any change to a header which entails an accompanying change to
the .sip files will not be backportable without merge conflicts, so eg the
backport bot is rather gutless right now...

Nyall