[QGIS-Developer] 1 of 363 Custom Plugins in QGIS

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Thu Feb 22 06:36:03 PST 2024

Hi Olga -

   Your situation is not entirely unique to you, but I do understand a
frustrating install experience.

   A complete, stable and integrated QGIS on Ubuntu LTS with Qt Desktop,
some plugins and Openstreetmap sample data is available from the OSGeo
Foundation project #osgeolive.  That disk can be used as a VM, or to
boot a PC.  With some intermediate skills, you can use it as a basis of
your own Ubuntu install, including QGIS.

   The next #osgeolive for 2024 will include newer, stable QGIS. Our
internal challenge is Qt6 (new) or not.

   So I cannot fix your install today, but it may benefit you or others
to know about this complete, stable installed version that you can
access now at https://live.osgeo.org

   Last, recent Debian or Ubuntu OS disks will install a complete QGIS
if you start with a release base installer. The combination of parts
will be older than the other install options. Conflicting plugins are a
problem that other people also deal with -- the answer is often to just
use fewer plugins, and be selective when installing new software.  hth

   best regards from Berkeley, California

      --Brian M Hamlin     /  MAPLABS  /  OSGeoLive PSC