[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Plugins Mechanism

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Tue Feb 27 17:12:32 PST 2024

Hi Olga
These plugins are maintained by each of the plugin's developers and not by
the project. It is up to them to ensure any dependency conflicts are
managed. Therefore, if you find any issues, you should contact the plugin
developers and put in bugs on their GitHub pages. A link to contact them is
in the plugin manager in their Plugin information section. Everything is
outlined here
<https://plugins.qgis.org/>

For those plugins that are no longer maintained, this presents an
opportunity for the community to jump in and assist if they are passionate
about that plugin.

Thanks
Em

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 at 21:51, Olga Hovhannisyan via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi!
> I want to ask a question related to plugins that are already integrated in
> QGIS. Aren't there any dependency conflicts, how you  solve those conflicts
> and how that plugins interact with QGIS Desktop internally, by using
> requests or something similar?

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>