[QGIS-Developer] Signals and QtDesigner

Jorge Tornero jtorlistas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 11:02:19 PST 2024

Hello all,

I write the list because I have a a simple question (currently I'm trying
to tackle issue #56275 Improve Parsing of Data from Serial Port Sensors).

Is  using the QtDesigner signal/slot assignment facilities discouraged?
I've read this in the QGIS coding standards guide and don't really know if
that means that:

*Avoid use of Qt auto connect slots (i.e. those named void
on_mSpinBox_valueChanged).*

So, If I need to connect two widgets in a groupBox (a radioButton and a
QLineEdit, just to enable the QLineEdit only a determinate radioButton is
selected), should I make it programatically instead using QtDesigner?

Thanks a lot

Jorge