[QGIS-Developer] Shapefile not correctly shown in some areas

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jan 13 01:27:55 PST 2024

Hi Aurélie,

I can reproduce your findings.

I'm not an expert on shapefile format, but how do you create the shapefile?

Is it possible that the shx file is not in line anymore with the shp/dbf file?
If I'm correct the shx is the shape-index file, probably used by QGIS or other tools to quickly find points within a bbox etc.
See: https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/294868/explaining-difference-between-shx-and-shp-files-of-shapefile

I think your shp and shx file are not in line with each other anymore.

As a test, I exported your shapefile in QGIS to another shp file, and THAT copy works fine.

So I think you have to dive into your shp file creation software, and make sure it also update the shx OR (re)create the shx after creating shp and dbf

Regards & hth,

Richard Duivenvoorde