[QGIS-Developer] QGIS.org new website now online

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Jul 11 06:35:18 PDT 2024

Hi all

🥳 The new website is now online! Visit https://qgis.org to try it out. We
have spent a *lot* of time trying to QA things but undoubtedly there will
still be some *gremlins* in the works. Please file issues here
<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo/issues> if you find things that are
*substantive* issues (i.e. a broken link, spelling error) and not 'reviews'
of our work please. If you have other comments or suggestions for
improvements, we much prefer that they be accompanied by *PR's* which
implement your proposed improvements to keep our workload down and the
issue queue short.

📸 *We would love to get some more representative images/screenshots for
the front and top level pages, so PR's addressing those will be treated
with priority.*

🙏🏽Thank you so much to the Kontur team (Aliaksandra, Andrei, Nadzeya,
Tigran, Darafei and more!), the members of the website working group that
we formed, Anniina, Lova, Richard, Jürgen, Anita, Andreas. Amy, Thiasha,
Jeremy Prior, and the many others (apologies for not naming you
individually) who contributed ideas, work, and support in the process.

🌐 Please note that your browser / ISP / DNS server and similar may be
caching qgis.org and the DNS entries related to it. Before reporting an
issue:

1. Try an anonymous browser to see if things work normally there
2. Try clearing your cache in your browser
3. Potentially you may need to wait a little for DNS propagation to complete

🇦🇽 Please note that we made the decision NOT to translate the site into
languages other than english. If you are an official country user group, we
encourage you to:

1. Advise the PSC of your intention to host a localized copy of the site
2. Fork the web site repo https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Hugo
3. Translate the content pages on your fork
4. Host your fork on your country domain e.g. qgis.id
5. Advise us when your fork is online, we will cross link to your site from
QGIS.org

Thank you,

Regards

Tim