[QGIS-Developer] C Hamilton Plugin Continunity

Emma Hain emma at north-road.com
Tue Jun 18 17:41:54 PDT 2024

Hi All
This is very interesting and a real part of OS software management in
regards to maintainance once the creator wishes to retire (and rightly
so!). On top of that, if the ownership sits with an organisation. For
clarification, does NGA or do you, Calvin, own them?

I imagine if it is from one person to another, this is an informal
handover, but what happens when it is an organisation? Does an Assignment
of Ownership need to take place?

Cheers
Em

On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 at 04:41, Catania, Luke A ERDC-RDE-GRL-VA CIV via
QGIS-Developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Calvin,
>

> Thanks for your contribution.  We use the Lat/Lon and MGRS Tools in our
> Joint Construction Management System (JCMS) Site Selection Plugin for QGIS
> that I am a lead developer on.
>

> Here at ERDC-GRL and AGC in Alexandria, VA, we have always had a
> connection with NGA.  We hope NGA finds a developer who can continue
> maintaining the tools.
>

> Luke

Emma Hain — Product Manager/Senior GIS Analyst
emma at north-road.com
[image: https://north-road.com]
*North Road*
Cartography • Development • Spatial Analysis
*north-road.com* <http://north-road.com>
<https://twitter.com/northroadgeo>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/north-road-studios>
<https://www.facebook.com/North-Road-997236690392419/home>