[QGIS-Developer] Edit geometry of features with user differents from owner

Vincent FACHERO Vincent.Fachero at ifremer.fr
Tue Jun 25 06:48:30 PDT 2024

Hi everyone,

I have developed a plugin which can copy feature from shapefile to
Oracle layer.

I used QgsVectorLayer.changeGeometry method for updating geometry.

It works when connected user is Oracle layer owner but it don't works
with other user (which have editing grants on layer).

I found this issue without  apparent solution :
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/37984

Can anynone update successfuly a geometry of layer with a user different
from owner in recent version of QGIS (3.30) ?

Can anyone have an alternative solution ?

Otherwise, I can merge attributes source and target geometry in new
entity for replacing existing entity but it's not elegant.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

--
Vincent FACHERO