[QGIS-Developer] Ubuntu GIS repo with new gdal, LERC and ZSTD support?

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 06:25:27 PST 2024

GDAL 3.8.4 is now in experimental ppa for UbuntuGIS (Jammy).
You need to have both the experimental and unstable ppa in your system
to try this out.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-experimental
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis/+archive/ubuntu/ubuntugis-unstable

Best,
Angelos

On 3/5/24 02:18, Jürgen E. Fischer via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Mon, 04. Mar 2024 at 17:51:56 +0100, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-Developer wrote:
>> I am wondering if there is a ubuntu (or debian) package repository available
>> with a relatively new gdal, LERC and ZSTD support? Ideally a repo that can
>> be added to Ubuntu 22.04
>> Thank you if you know some package source?
> ubuntugis for jammy has GDAL 3.8.3 (but lacks LERC support; but has PDAL
> 2.6.2).
>
> Debian unstable has GDAL 3.8.4 with LERC support (but is not suited for jammy).
>
> We have QGIS builds of the release branches and master for both of them
> (ubuntugis and debian just the LTR branch).
>

> Jürgen

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation