[QGIS-Developer] 3.36.0

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Fri Mar 8 12:40:53 PST 2024

Hi Hugh,

This is intentional. Every .0 version is called a "release candidate". This
is because we found out that users won't test a new version prior to a new
release (as we initially thought it should be).

That's why we ship every .0 release of a new version as "release candidate"
- as a warning that users shouldn't use it for critical projects. It has
nothing to do with LT vs regular release. Also regular releases get that
label when shipped as a .0 minor version.

Greetings,
Andreas

On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 16:53, Hugh Kelley via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just wanted to mention that I installed 3.36.0 this morning and happened
> to noticed on that loading window thing that appears before qgis has fully
> started it is calling itself a "release candidate". It's not the LTR but I
> think it's now officially the point release and not a candidate?
>
> Thanks to everyone contributing, especially to much more important issues
> than something like this!

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)