[QGIS-Developer] USA “Disadvantage Business Enterprise” (for plugin development)

John Abraham jea at hbaspecto.com
Fri Mar 29 12:41:54 PDT 2024

Greeting friends.

We’re bidding on a contract in California that has a small QGIS component
(plugin development work) and also has a goal for a portion of the contract
about to go to “Disadvantaged Business Enterprises” which are businesses
owned by USA (citizens or permanent residents) women or minorities or other
disadvantaged people such as disabled people.

For this contract we need an already registered DBE ideally with a
California registration (although other state registrations may also
work).  But this comes up occasionally so if you might qualify as an owner
or consultant, or are working for a business that might qualify, I could
point you towards the registration process for the next time it comes up.

Please reach out if you think you might qualify this time or be interested
for next time.

Here’s some info about the program
https://highways.dot.gov/civil-rights/programs/disadvantaged-business-enterprise-dbe-program

QGIS has gained a lot of traction in the transportation industry so
participating in the Federal Highways DBE program could be worthwhile if
you’re a QGIS developer.

--
John Abraham
jea at hbaspecto.com