[QGIS-Developer] High load on plugins.qgis.org

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed May 15 02:03:05 PDT 2024

Hi all

So our fix proposal is here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Django/issues/402

I don't think chasing IP addresses is a productive way to deal with it -
you end up playing whack-a-mole. I think our approach should cover most
cases. A really dedicated person could emulate the QGIS user agent but I
think that will be uncommon.

Regards

Tim

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 9:54 AM Julien Moura (Oslandia) via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> Can you share more details about this? Do you have a HTTP referrer, IP
> or user-agent or anything else in particular to blame?
>
> Regards,
> Julien
>
> Le 15/05/2024 à 02:12, Andrea Giudiceandrea via QGIS-Developer a écrit :
> > Il 15/05/2024 01:25, Tim Sutton via QGIS-Developer ha scritto:
> >> We have been experiencing a very high load on the plugins server.
> >
> > Hi Tim,
> > recently Salvatore Fiandaca spotted a website at
> > http://qgis-hub.fast-page.org/ (only http) claiming to be a QGIS Hub
> > for collections of free to use QGIS style xml-files and layout qpt-files.
> > Is it managed by QGIS.org or somebody known? If not, may it have
> > something to do with the plugins server issues (someone scraping
> > styles/layouts/plugins)?
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > Andrea

​