[QGIS-Developer] High load on plugins.qgis.org

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed May 15 02:11:13 PDT 2024

Hi

Maybe this would have been better in a new thread.....see below for
reply....

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 1:12 AM Andrea Giudiceandrea via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Il 15/05/2024 01:25, Tim Sutton via QGIS-Developer ha scritto:
> > We have been experiencing a very high load on the plugins server.
>
> Hi Tim,
> recently Salvatore Fiandaca spotted a website at
> http://qgis-hub.fast-page.org/ (only http) claiming to be a QGIS Hub for
> collections of free to use QGIS style xml-files and layout qpt-files.
> Is it managed by QGIS.org or somebody known? If not, may it have
> something to do with the plugins server issues (someone scraping
> styles/layouts/plugins)?

I took a look, the site source is here:
https://github.com/style-hub/hub-server

The page is by Klas Karlsson and features only his own work, so
perfectly legitimate. Klas is probably the most prolific contributor the
style hub at
https://plugins.qgis.org/styles/?order_by=-upload_date&&is_gallery=true and
well respected (by me anyway, I am sure the rest of the QGIS community too).

We do have a plan to split the official QGIS resources plugin from the
aforementioned link into its own web site and will try to make it a
beautiful experience, taking hints from Klas' work where needed.

Thanks!

Regards

Tim

> Regards.