[QGIS-Developer] Qt WebEngine in QGIS 3.36

Enrico Ferreguti enricofer at gmail.com
Sun May 26 01:42:21 PDT 2024

Dear QGIS developers, I would need your support to update my plugins.

I read that Qt WebEngine, from QGIS

3.36.3-Maidenhead, QT 5.15.3, is available for plugins:
https://changelog.qgis.org/en/entry/2607

But on Ubuntu Jammy LTS 22.04 and a fresh QGIS 3.36.3-Maidenhead with QT
5.15.3, when I try to import from QT5:
from PyQt5.QtWebEngineWidgets import QWebEngineView, QWebEnginePage,

I get an exception:
ImportError: QtWebEngineWidgets must be imported before a QCoreApplication
instance is created

and when I do the same from python3 in bash I get no exceptions

Where Am I wrong? Is there something different to do for importing
QtWebEngineWidgets ?
Can you point me to a running example?

Thank you very much.
Enrico Ferreguti