[QGIS-Developer] QGIS master update frequency for macOS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Oct 1 06:55:32 PDT 2026


Hi,

The installer is generated and uploaded by a daily run of the
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-notarize repository.

It should fetch the latest successful run of mac builds on the qgis/QGIS
GitHub repository, notarize it and upload it to the QGIS download server;
however, the logic that determines the latest version was broken.
I just fixed that [1] and it's running for the latest build now [2] and
should appear in a few moments.

The workflow itself just uploads files to the download server, it doesn't
alter the download page itself.
I agree it would be nice to also show some build ID, if someone (wink @Lova
;-) ) can provide me with a way to do that I can adjust this.

Thanks for reporting @Harrissou
Matthias

[1]
https://github.com/qgis/qgis-notarize/commit/9ffd00943b925f3ded6e9c0d4b589a3e4bfeb6dc
[2] https://github.com/qgis/qgis-notarize/actions/runs/36870615309



On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 2:54 PM DelazJ via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> I would like to know how often the master build for macOS provided in QGIS
> website is supposed to be updated. This is not the first time I download
> and install master to realize that it is few weeks old. The current one,
> updated yesterday afaict (https://qgis.org/downloads-list/#macos),
> provides a QGIS master of two weeks ago.
>
> Can someone explain the process, please? Thanks.
>
> _BTW: it would really help if the commit SHA could be shown somewhere in
> the website to avoid us downloading multiple times the same 1.5GB data._
>
> Regards,
> Harrissou
> _______________________________________________
> QGIS-Developer mailing list
> QGIS-Developer at lists.osgeo.org
> List info: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/attachments/20261001/9af14372/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the QGIS-Developer mailing list