[Qgis-psc] finance report

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Dec 16 10:46:08 PST 2008

Hi all.
I would like to send a short note to donors. I am thinking to something
like this:
=====
Dear QGIS donor,
your contribution to the project has been greatly appreciated. The
enthusiastic response of QGIS users helps us keeping on investing our
energies in this project.
Your contribution, pooled with those of many others early QGSI adopters,
helped us to reach a very important goal: the release of the 1.0
release. The funds collected ($2,669.59 USD, minus $77.72 US for PayPal
fees) have been used primarily to:
- fund a period of full-time QGIS development and project maintenance by
Tim Sutton ($?????? USD); without this, the 1.0 release would certainly
have been delayed
- contribute to OSGeo, who manages our infrastructure ($647.97 USD).
The rest (together with new donations) will be used to fund a QGIS
developers conference where we can meet in person and brainstorm, fix
bugs and hold a week of intensive QGIS development work.
We are now in the process of launching a new sponsoring and donation
programme for QGIS, that we hope will bring even more fresh energies to
the project, and will help us proceed at a fast pace towards new goals:
http://qgis.osgeo.org/sponsoring.html
We hope you are continuing to enjoy using QGIS, and you will continue
collaborating with us for an even brighter future.
All the best.
The QGIS Project Steering Committee
=====
Feel free to change and add.
It would be good to send it close to the release of 1.0.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *