[Qgis-psc] finance report

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 16 12:57:03 PST 2008

Hi

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 19:46 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I would like to send a short note to donors. I am thinking to something
> like this:
> =====
> Dear QGIS donor,
> your contribution to the project has been greatly appreciated. The
> enthusiastic response of QGIS users helps us keeping on investing our
> energies in this project.
> Your contribution, pooled with those of many others early QGSI adopters,

s/QGSI/QGIS

> helped us to reach a very important goal: the release of the 1.0
> release. The funds collected ($2,669.59 USD, minus $77.72 US for PayPal
> fees) have been used primarily to:
> - fund a period of full-time QGIS development and project maintenance by
> Tim Sutton ($?????? USD); without this, the 1.0 release would certainly
> have been delayed

Um that was the idea anyway :-P No monies were paid to or claimed by me
for this.

> - contribute to OSGeo, who manages our infrastructure ($647.97 USD).
> The rest (together with new donations) will be used to fund a QGIS
> developers conference where we can meet in person and brainstorm, fix
> bugs and hold a week of intensive QGIS development work.

s/developers/developer's

> We are now in the process of launching a new sponsoring and donation
> programme for QGIS, that we hope will bring even more fresh energies to
> the project, and will help us proceed at a fast pace towards new goals:
> http://qgis.osgeo.org/sponsoring.html
> We hope you are continuing to enjoy using QGIS, and you will continue
> collaborating with us for an even brighter future.
> All the best.
> The QGIS Project Steering Committee

Sounds great - just the kind of promotional stuff we need to keep people
aware that we need funding. It will be really great to get the QGIS
annual hackfest on the road - we need to start planning the details of
this ASAP - my (and I'm sure others too) calendar is already filling up
fast for next year!

> =====
> Feel free to change and add.
> It would be good to send it close to the release of 1.0.
> All the best.
> pc

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services