[Qgis-psc] SVN Access for CFarmer's plugins

Gary Sherman sherman at mrcc.com
Thu Nov 6 19:50:22 PST 2008

-1
We don't have control over establishing new limits on svn. I'm not
opposed to cfarmer's work or efforts in any way, but rather think that
there are better alternatives if he just needs local version control.
I would suggest he use git to mange his code locally. If at some point
he wants to push that out to a server somewhere or share the code it
is easily done.
-gary
On Nov 6, 2008, at 12:33 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> In chatting with CFarmer tonight on IRC it seems he lost some older
> (0.10.0 compatible) version of his plugin due to the fact that he
> doesnt
> use any version control system. At the risk of sounding like I am
> trying
> to hand out SVN access like lollipops I would like to suggest we let
> him
> use:
>
> https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/trunk/external_plugins
>
> as a venue for storing his work. The original intention of that dir
> was
> for non shipped plugins to be built so it would seem logical to let
> him
> keep his work there.
>
> Please indicate with a quick +1 if you are happy for him to get SVN
> access to the external_plugins dir (Gary can we set up things to
> confine
> him to that dir?).
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

Gary Sherman
Chair, QGIS Project Steering Committee
-Micro Resources: http://mrcc.com
   *Geospatial Hosting