[Qgis-psc] [Fwd: FW: MrSid licence]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri May 8 09:29:42 PDT 2009

Does this help?
All the best.

-------- Messaggio Originale  --------
Oggetto: FW: MrSid licence
Data: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:53:11 -0700
Da: Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at lizardtech.com>
A: Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>

Hi, Paolo:

Yes, you are allowed to redistribute our Decode SDK as compiled within
your application.  Over the past couple years we've been modifying our
license to make it as friendly as possible for use within the OSGeo
stack, e.g. GDAL and MapServer.

You should be aware of two things:

* we require you to put a copyright notice in the About box, README, or
similar location (license sections 1.3(a) and 2.2); this is no different
than requirements for many other 3rd party libraries (open source or not)

* YOUR inclusion of OUR software in a GPL package does not make OUR
software subject to the GPL (license section 1.3(b)); this is obvious,
maybe, but our license tries to make this very explicit just so everyone
is clear

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.

Thanks --

-mpg

Michael P. Gerlek
mpg at lizardtech.com