[Qgis-psc] Funds

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Feb 20 04:37:26 PST 2012

Hi Anne

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:11:27 +0100
> Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Anne,
>>
>> On Mon, 20. Feb 2012 at 12:09:12 +0100, Anne Ghisla wrote:
>> > GFOSS.it is a registered Italian association and is OSGeo italian
>> > chapter.
>> > What about the Swiss association?
>> > I found no trace of it on the web (but my Google skills could be
>> > insufficient).

I dont know if osgeo.fr operates like osgeo central, but if they do we
lose a very large cut of our revenue to 'overheads'. We know the
people of swiss qgis group, they are part of our community and hold
the interests of our project close to heart, so for me (assuming good
management of finances is taking place) I think the swiss bank is a
good place to put our money :-) Perhaps you can tell something of the
french osgeo chapter and why it might be a good choice?

>> Well, I suppose "the swiss association" is the QGIS User Group
>> Switzerland[1].
>>
>> Jürgen
>>
>> [1] http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-ch-members/wiki
>
> Hi Jürgen,