[Qgis-psc] Plugins: old repo, migration

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu May 10 04:20:04 PDT 2012

Hi all.
We currently have the new plugin webapp fully functional, going to be shipped with
QGIS 1.8. Are we going to keep also the old repos as default ones?
I would vote for:
- asking the authors to move their plugins to the new one
- enabling the new one by default (this may already true)
- removing the old repos from the list of those available.
After all:
- those who have installed a plugin can keep on using it (no regression)
- if a dev is not willing to upload a file, he will probably will not maintain it anyway
- the old repo can still be added by hand if needed.
I know it's a bit late, but I think reducing the amount of duplication (perceived by
users as chaos) is a good thing for QGIS, and this seems simple and painless.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu