[Qgis-psc] Infrastructure

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Mar 19 23:56:57 PDT 2013

Hi

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which platforms are we using that are proprietary?

I guess transifex is on that list now too...

> GitHub is one but it's not a big deal as git is the built-in safety net.
> Unlike SVN where the server could just packup shop and you are stuff.

Maybe I am loosing some of my idealism of youth but I have been
increasingly following the principle of 'best tool for the job, preferring
FOSS wherever possible'.....this is something of a degradation of my 'FOSS
or death' outlook, but it proprietary tools are needed to help us make our
project better then so be it.

On the subject of the github tracker - we use it for InaSAFE and I must say
it is 1000000 times better than redmine / trac anything else - its really
simple to use - its a personal failing but I hardly ever look in redmine
because I find it so slow and klunky to work with.

> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:44 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services