[Qgis-psc] How do we handle icon discussions?

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Feb 19 00:55:18 PST 2014

Hi,

Am Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:54:20 +0100
schrieb "Anita Graser" <anitagraser at gmx.at>:

> Hi PSC,
>
> This mail is motivated by the following discussion:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1146#issuecomment-35365231
>
> I think it is necessary to put down some instructions how to approach
> icon changes. In my opinion, this is not only a matter of taste,and
> whether the suggested icons are better than the old ones, but also an
> issue for the documentation team (workload) and users (recognizing changed
> icons, interface different from documentation).
>
> Do you want to discuss this issue on the list or during an IRC meeting? I
> would appreciate feedback especially from those involved in documentation
> and training.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita

In my opinion icon changes are no problem and should be handled like this:

* keep the same name as the version before (if you want to backup the old
  one, name it xxx_backup, maybe with a version number as well
  xxx_backup2.0).
* create a png version from the original svg in the relevant folder

Then we can once before a new release copy/update all icons as *.png into
the documentation, ... repos and everything should be fine again.

Did I miss something?

Regards
Otto