[Qgis-psc] Improving the effectiveness of my role

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jan 9 23:10:44 PST 2014

Hi all.
QGIS is growing noticeably in many respects, and I feel the role of
marketing and financial advisor should be strengthened and improved
accordingly, to intercept more resources to fill up chores nobody wants
to do, and to improve our perceived credibility as partners for larger
institutions and enterprises.
To do so, I believe the basic functioning should be smoother, so it will
be easier to concentrate on the outreach. I'm therefore proposing to:
* automatize the processing of donations (Juergen kindly offered to help
with this - danke!)
* have a formal book keeper, so to have the current situation and the
historical trends ready at hand.
To do so, I think two steps are sooner or later necessary:
* being a legal entity (NGO-like, I suppose)
* having an individual bank account.
Obviously, our finances being still small, we must keep costs down for
all the above (also, we want the money to go into code, not into paper,
right?).
I would greatly appreciate your opinions about this. If we agree this is
the right course of action, any suggestions on where to establishing the
NGO and opening a new account (or how to get additional info) would be
precious.
Given that most of our activities (many sponsors, most developers, HFs,
etc.) are in Europe, I suspect this area could be our first choice.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu