[Qgis-psc] Improving the effectiveness of my role

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jan 9 23:37:28 PST 2014

Hi,

How about splitting the marketing from the financing. Effectively there
is a split already these days - as Horst does a lot of the finances.

As to the country to have a legal entity I think Switzerland would be a
good place. It is relatively easy to found an association. There is
however a threshold value regarding taxes. If the association has a
total revenue >100'000 CHF it has to pay taxes. Also you have to pay
taxes on profits (excl. membership fees) if those are not re-invested.

There are also other forms of legal entities, e.g. a "Genossenschaft"
(like a cooperative), which is a bit more formal than an association but
still on the non-profit side.

Switzerland also honors the European banking norms - they are even more
European than the EU countries, as some EU banks still ask for
transaction fees for cross-border SEPA transactions while most of the
Swiss banks don't.

In any case, we will have to do accounting and taxes at some stage.

Andreas