[Qgis-psc] Some information on a Genossenschaft (cooperative) in Switzerland

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Jan 13 00:14:15 PST 2014

Hi,

I also think, that a "Verein" with non-commercial goals would be the better
solution. As far as I understand we could still generate money from
sponsoring, fairs, meetings, ...  but we would have to spend the money again
according to our goals.

Regards
Otto

Am Sun, 12 Jan 2014 23:42:09 +0200
schrieb Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com>:

> Hi
>

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > Am 10.01.2014, 10:46 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>:
> >
> >  Here is an online book on the regulations of a Genossenschaft
> >> (cooperative) for you to judge whether this would be a feasible legal
> >> entity for QGIS international:
> >>
> >> http://books.google.ch/books?id=KWRuxYUqWXwC&lpg=PA169&ots=
> >> P5BWUv7Ut2&dq=legal%20entities%20in%20Switzerland%
> >> 20Genossenschaft&pg=PA166#v=onepage&q=legal%20entities%
> >> 20in%20Switzerland%20Genossenschaft&f=false
> >>

> > According to this presentation about Verein and Genossenschaft (in
> > German, [1]), the main difference seems to be that a Verein has
> > non-commercial goals (e.g. football club) while a Genossenschaft has
> > commercial goals (like the supermarkets Andreas mentioned).
> >
> > From this perspective, I think a Genossenschaft would be more fitting for
> > QGIS but I don't claim to fully understand the topic.
> >

> @Anita Wouldn't it be fairer to say that the QGIS organisation will have
> non-commercial goals? That is we wish to generate income to defray expenses
> and (in my vision of the future) pay salaried people to make QGIS better,
> but there would be no shareholders, profit incentives, dividends etc.
> Rather any money we generate would be put directly into furthering the
> goals of the project.
>
> @Andreas thanks for your input on this by the way!
>

> > Best wishes,
> > Anita
> >

> > [1] http://www.google.at/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=
> > 4&cad=rja&ved=0CEwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoodle.zhaw.ch%
> > 2Fpluginfile.php%2F581963%2Fmod_folder%2Fcontent%2F0%2FGesellschaftsrecht%
> > 2FVorlesung%2520Genossenschaft%2520und%2520Verein.pdf%
> > 3Fforcedownload%3D1&ei=QSvRUqfEDqGm4ATi_4G4BQ&usg=
> > AFQjCNFJ9JcWGjaUFU6lkXJChGRycbkIEw&sig2=fmUfd6BNIaJlF2yHKzVH5g&bvm=bv.
> > 59026428,d.bGE

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee