[Qgis-psc] download/donation teaser

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Jun 14 12:33:31 PDT 2014

On 14-06-14 17:37, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Richard I was thinking more in terms of the page / overlay appearing
> *after* the user starts a download. We could use wording like this:
>
> "Your freshly baked copy of QGIS is downloading. QGIS is free of charge,
> and will always be free of charge if downloaded from QGIS.org. If you
> can afford to support the project and people making this software,
> please consider making a small donation to support our efforts. Whether
> you choose to donate or not, we hope that you enjoy using our labour of
> love and encourage you to share and spread your downloaded copy far and
> wide so that others may enjoy it too. Our very best regards!
>
> The QGIS Team"

Ok, please check next try:

http://temp.qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html

The 'teaser' will now show up after clicking every link on this page
with class 'reference'

(the links to the different platform version are very different:
- for windows it is a true download
- for osx it is a link to the download page of KyngChaos
- for *nix's it is going to one of our instruction pages...
but most downloads will probably be windows ones)

Richard