[Qgis-psc] Contributor guidelines and code copyright

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:56:05 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I have one small question regarding our contributor guidelines.

Am I right that QGIS project is an owner of all code contributed to it by
authors and contributors? So every person that accepted contributor
guidelines and/or submitted patch also transfer/assign all rights on this
code to QGIS project.

As I understand, when copyright is assigned to the QGIS project, the project
can act to stop GPL violations about the QGIS. Otherwise, legal actions are
up to the code author(s).

Seems our contributor guidelines miss this important information.

--
Alexander Bruy