[Qgis-psc] Questions on finances

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 25 13:07:31 PDT 2014

Hi PSC,

The QGIS-CH group has now opened a bank account with Euro currency to
clearly separate the money from QGIS-CH and the international project.

It is, however, unclear how accounting and payments would work. We can
allow the international project full access to the bank account, but as
I understood Paolo he does not want to do accounting and asks Horst to
do the accounting.

I think that this situation is not ideal. The person financially in
charge should do the full job, including

* accounting
* payments
* financial reports each year or on request
* dealing with sponsors

Two other persons should be controllers/auditors to check the accounting
once a year.

Horst is not keen on doing accounting and payments, esp. if he is not
really mandated by the international QGIS project to do so.

Can the PSC please discuss this situation and inform me what I should do
regarding the bank account. Which person should have access? Should this
person have full access or read-only access. I checked with the bank and
it seems that there is read-only access as well - despite my initial
thoughts.

Thanks,