[Qgis-psc] Questions on finances

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jun 26 00:42:05 PDT 2014

Il 25/06/2014 22:07, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:

> The QGIS-CH group has now opened a bank account with Euro currency to
> clearly separate the money from QGIS-CH and the international project.

Thanks a lot for this, much appreciated.

> It is, however, unclear how accounting and payments would work. We can
> allow the international project full access to the bank account, but as
> I understood Paolo he does not want to do accounting and asks Horst to
> do the accounting.
>
> I think that this situation is not ideal. The person financially in
> charge should do the full job, including
>
> * accounting
> * payments
> * financial reports each year or on request
> * dealing with sponsors
>
> Two other persons should be controllers/auditors to check the accounting
> once a year.
>
> Horst is not keen on doing accounting and payments, esp. if he is not
> really mandated by the international QGIS project to do so.

Quite understandable.

> Can the PSC please discuss this situation and inform me what I should do
> regarding the bank account. Which person should have access? Should this
> person have full access or read-only access. I checked with the bank and
> it seems that there is read-only access as well - despite my initial
> thoughts.

That's good news. My preference would be to have read-only access, and having an
accountant that manages the account and does the payments and the reports. I'm happy
to deal with sponsors (and I think we should have a single contact point for sponsors
and donors).
Tim offered to help with this: Tim, is your offer still valid?

All the best, and thanks again.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html