[Qgis-psc] Fwd: [QGIS Application - Bug #4175] "outline: simple line" layer problem when rendering with non-zero offset values

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed May 7 23:20:20 PDT 2014

Il 07/05/2014 09:03, Marco Hugentobler ha scritto:

> - Developers will get used to ignore the pull requests completely, because they
> remember someone was payed for it.  Good behaviour would be that devs look at the PR
> page from time to time.
> - Pull requests are assigned to specific people for a reason. I don't think it
> enhances the overall code quality if a single person applies/rejects them.

Hi Marco,
thanks for your thoughts. I agree with the points you raise. However, IMHO the
current situation is damaging the project, and is no longer tenable:
* many PR are left unmanaged, sometimes for years
* we miss useful fixes and improvements
* more importantly, we are sending away potential new developers: I have seen a few
cases of devs leaving the project because their patches were never considered.
In my view, the PR manager should:
* check the PR
* if it is within his sphere of knowledge, apply/reject/ask for improvements
* if it is better handled by another dev, cooperate with him to do the above
* in the worst case, write the dev and say "Sorry, we are unable to review your patch".
Of course, alternative proposals are much welcome.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html