[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Re: [Qgis-developer] Delay 2.6 release?..

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Oct 27 07:57:14 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 27. Oct 2014 at 16:29:02 +0700, Martin Dobias wrote:
> I would be available for up to 2 days of further bugfixing...

Me too.

> Looking at the list of bugs (blocker and high priority), the bugfixing
> like this could go on for long... Maybe at this stage it would be
> better to make a list of bugs we really want to fix and focus on
> those? Or is everyone happy with the way how we "randomly" pick issues
> and fix them?

Although I have the same problem.  I can "randomly" fix bugs, but I spend more
time to find them, then to actually fix any.  I spend some of the weekend to
review bugs, add categories, close some feedbackless bugs.

Some would require wider work, that I wouldn't like to do shortly before the
release.  Some are in my view less important than others, although that is not
reflected by the current prioritization in redmine.  To me it's the impact that
matters - so bugs in central functions are more important than hardly used
functions - whether it a regression or not is less important to me.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode