[Qgis-psc] Next Developer meeting in Girona(SP)? starting to discuss tomorrow

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Apr 2 03:31:20 PDT 2015

Hi

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Tomorrow will have the SIGTE [1] the spanish GFOSS conference.
> With Lluis Vicens, one of the organiser from the Girona University,
> Victor Olaya and me, we will start thinking how to host one of the
> next Developer Meetings. I hope the next one :)
>
> We will have a open session to discuss about this at 16:20 (GMT+1) as in
> [2].
> Do you have some prepared material or an howto about previous organization?

​I don't recall if we have one - I think it would be good to have one
though.​

> I think main arguments will are:
>
> 1) do we want to organize a Hackmeeting in Spain?

​+1​

> 2) if yes... where (e.g. before or after SIGTE) ?

I think the plan was to have every second HF in Essen (developer only
event) and the alternate one at a larger venue where we can host a user
conference before the hacking sprint.

> 3) if yes... what would be the precondition to host an Hackmeeting? in
> this case it would be useful your help

​Ideal conditions would be:

* easy access from the airport / public transport
* cheap / free accommodation very close
* sponsor to donate the venue and maybe some food & snacks etc
* a couple of volunteers willing to run around and keep the geeks fed
* good internet for streaming talks etc
* a few rooms including one large lecture theatre

I asked Lene (in CC) to keep notes on all the todo items she had to keep
track of while convening the upcoming user meeting - hopefully that will
give you more input.

So I guess I should ask did you intend to host a user conf + hackfest, or
just the hackfest?

> We will open a irc chat
>
> #qgishackfest
>
> where every one can share and help to give us hints how to propose and
> organise a QGIS Developer Meeting.
>
> [1] http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre
> [2] http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/programa/jornadas/
>
> Regards, Luigi Pirelli