[Qgis-psc] RE : Vote about release plan

HAUBOURG regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Apr 17 12:47:46 PDT 2015

Options are clear now.
Debian Jessie is not out yet (RC2). Debian did early announces and thanks to that, lot's of work have been made to anticipate QT5 in QGIS. Thanks for that guys.

In my opinion backporting numerous new features to 2.8 is very close from making a 2.10, but could mess up things for users and commiters in github, that's why we ask for a 2.10 cycle.

That plan should let debian jessie without QGIS for less than 2-3 months if we keep 4 months release. Or less, if we do an anticipate feature freeze so that dev's can work on QGIS 3 sooner. That would be very well understood by the community, since the debian's argument is strong, and that is announced soon enough to flush new features on the waiting list.

Concerning what I am funding, most features being cooked are almost all commited now (proportionnal legends and size varying assistants).

Cheers Régis

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Apr 17 09:26:38 PDT 2015