[Qgis-psc] Vote about release plan

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 13:55:25 PDT 2015

On 18 Apr 2015 12:44 am, "Nathan Woodrow" <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Does the composer change require QGIS 3
>
> Nyall has told me this isn't the case anymore.  I'm sure he can add more
but I'm pretty sure it can just side by side until we remove the old stuff
later.

Sorry for not replying sooner- been trying to juggle a whole bunch of work
stuff and sick kids this week.

The situation is that in reality either way works for composer. I can
implement the changes in parallel (no api break, users opt-in to new
layouts engine), or with an api break.

That said, there's no way I can have this ready for merging without
regressions for 2.10, so if 2.10=3.0 then the layouts work won't be a part
of this.

My personal preference is to hold off the api break until we are forced to
do so. If this is driven by the Qt5/pyqt5 situation, then let's plan around
this. If it's driven by an urgent code need (eg geometry work?), then let's
plan around that with the knowledge that at some stage in the mid future
we'll be forced to address the Qt5 issue too.

So, my non-official vote would be -1 for 2.10=3.0, 0 for 2.12 =3.0.

Hope that clarifies the composer situation!

Nyall