[Qgis-psc] Financial contribution for bug-fixing

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Apr 20 13:54:46 PDT 2015

Hi

Just a note on the rationale for not accepting targeted funding - it was to protect ourselves from becoming a consulting house / contracting agency and from the admin overhead of dealing with many small earmarked funds and what to do with surplus / overspend / tracking of those funds. I think it will be cool to have some ‘big bucket’ cost areas that people can fund, but we should still avoid having to deal with ‘I’d like to donate 50 EUROS to fix bug 1234’ type requests.