[Qgis-psc] Vote about release plan

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Mon Apr 20 23:05:58 PDT 2015

Hi

On 04/21/2015 07:04 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> What about the missing support on Debian sid?
> All the best.

That will only affect the next release (debian stretch, about 2 to 3
years from now) so no immediate reason given.

On 04/20/2015 10:42 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
> I would suggest that we just leave things as they are for now and keep
> on trucking with 2.x releases for the next year or so.

To help my understanding: Is the topic to be re-discussed in a year or
do you expect the switch to happen in a year or so?
It would be good to have such a change announced about a year in advance
to be able to properly plan it. In explicit, I'd like to avoid the
situation where we are forced into doing a quick switch for urgent reasons.

Kind regards
Matthias