[Qgis-psc] Crowdfunding support

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Apr 21 05:05:40 PDT 2015

Hi all.
Crowdfunding initiatives around QGIS are flourishing, which is very
good. On the other hand, the "Please donate" banner on the website is
proving a big success.
What about taking the same approach to support also the crowdfunding
initiatives? I'm thinking of:
* adding a "Consider also supporting these projects" with a link to a
page where current crowfundings are listed
* adding on the About > Info, close to the mailing list subscription, a
"Donate" button, possibly pointing to the donation web page, and a
"Consider donating also" pointing to the crowfundings page.
I do not see this as invasive, and could help our developers to reach
more easily and faster their targets.
Do anyone see negative implications?
All the best.
--